Thursday, October 29, 2009

GOING DIGITAL!

So I finally started working on digital art, and the transition from my traditional approach of illustrating has been much much smoother than I expected. All those times I messed with photoshop to place photos of my friends in embarrassing situations and funny backgrounds worked out; it kept my photoshop skills from deteriorating! hurrah! The first piece here was done earlier this week for Tomer Hanuka's class and I consider it a success except it deviates away from my usual style. The illustration is about Capgras Syndrome: a disorder that causes a person to think that his/her loved ones are actually identical looking imposters. That's no fun.


Ok, so I did this work below to experiment with digital coloring. (and it's totally my style!) I only use the "polygonal lasso tool" to make these random color shapes. It looks rough at first but once these shapes blend with the other shapes, it starts to smooth out and it gives it a real original look that I'm very happy with. This technique is kind of how I oil paint or do watercolors; let colors overlap and build up to create depth and shape...it's like two-dimensional sculpting.

1 comment:

  1. hmm that's interesting.. i'm scared to touch photoshop but I have to :[ especially since yuko is telling me to start learning ._. eep
    I love the second image!! it's so cute but scary ahahaha

    ReplyDelete